Discussion topic: WiFi connected but no internet

This message was authored by Ibby This message was authored by: Ibby

WiFi connected but no internet

wifi seems to have gone down. So I did the basic which is reboot the wifi. All three lights on my router and the booster are green. When connected to my phone. No internet is passing through. And it's the same with my Xbox and laptop it's showing as connected but no internet. I checked my service checkers and it's showing no issues. But I feel that service checker load of **bleep** as it's always says that and even claims am getting my max wifi speed which I never do when you run network speeds test on other platforms.

All Replies

This message was authored by Rusty+cabbage This message was authored by: Rusty+cabbage

Re: WiFi connected but no internet

Exactly the same issue, broadband checker is pointless, says everything is fine but 0 devices connected to the hub!

R.Smith
This message was authored by mkhan155 This message was authored by: mkhan155

Same here, checker says Maintenance in another area but my router says no connection and no dial tone!

This message was authored by HGS35 This message was authored by: HGS35

WiFi and Internet down. Reboot made no difference. Checker says everything is OK with no known faults in the area. Come on Sky......

This message was authored by Cmax This message was authored by: Cmax

Same with my wifi, sky says checker is all good but it's rubbish, spoke yesterday about so called full fibre connections which we're payng for but not getting. Seriously considering going to another supplier

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cmax and others loss of service after midnight is often not down to a fault but due to  maintenance work on the network. The work is done overnight to cause the minimal disrution but is a pain if you want to use the connection. The checker would have run a test at some point where the line was working.

If your line is back up,this morning thst can be assumed to be the cause otherwise call Sky when their lines open to report the fault.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion