Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck

Re: WiFi Max

is it worth to get this new sky wifi max router? One they gave in standard i have to say isn't the best in terms of speed and range.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@whdck 

I'd suggest it might be worthwhile for Ultrafast 2 and Gigafast subscribers, and almost certainly not for FTTC users unless they really need the Parental Controls.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck

if ultrafast 2 you mean what is on their webpage shown as ultrafast+ (500Mb/s) then i could give it a try although this seems quite expensive

This message was authored by kar0shi This message was authored by: kar0shi

I could not get mine to keep a WiFi connection even stood next to it. It continually dropped. Hard wired was fine, but that's not the point of it.

There was a helpful gent on here (Kev) who tried to assist, but in the end it required me to phone the superfast team, while the router was plugged in (for the logs and testing), however I have no home phone and live in a no signal area, so use WiFi calling at home... Catch 22. Can't phone them with the faulty WiFi.

So I sent it back, I've still been charged for delivery and monthly subscription for a few months, still seems ongoing, no notice of refund as yet and they did not want to send a replacement for me to try. Bearing in mind the original hub performs great (other than no wifi6) it seems a shame as it was pretty obvious it was an equipment fault.

But I only did First Line Network Support for 21 years up to last year.....

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @kar0shi 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get things resolved.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team to help with the refunds and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @kar0shi.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @kar0shi 

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by kar0shi This message was authored by: kar0shi

Hi, not sure what invite I was supposed to receive, but I don't appear to have anything.

I've also received notification of being charged for the hub 6 that I have returned via your own packaging.

1 (1).jpg

2.jpg

So the situation has gone from bad to worse.

I'm now still getting charged for the WiFi max, a service I am not using, and now £50 for a hub I returned weeks and weeks ago. Picked up from the house by Royal Mail.

I appreciate not having a land line doesn't make it straightforward, but my mobile is with Sky, so it isn't like you don't know it.

I'd appreciate that as the hub6 was obviously faulty, being refunded the charges so far, the  charge for the returned hub, and the original postage for the hub to me, and any set up fees that may have been charged. So far, except for Kevin, hideous customer experience for a Sky VIP (apparently).

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@kar0shi wrote:

Hi, not sure what invite I was supposed to receive, but I don't appear to have anything.

I've also received notification of being charged for the hub 6 that I have returned via your own packaging.

1 (1).jpg

2.jpg

So the situation has gone from bad to worse.

I'm now still getting charged for the WiFi max, a service I am not using, and now £50 for a hub I returned weeks and weeks ago. Picked up from the house by Royal Mail.

I appreciate not having a land line doesn't make it straightforward, but my mobile is with Sky, so it isn't like you don't know it.

I'd appreciate that as the hub6 was obviously faulty, being refunded the charges so far, the  charge for the returned hub, and the original postage for the hub to me, and any set up fees that may have been charged. So far, except for Kevin, hideous customer experience for a Sky VIP (apparently).

Hi @kar0shi 

We sent a requests to speak with you, however this timed out.  You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.  I've re-escalated your details to the team.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

EDIT: @kar0shi  The Community Messaging Team have now sent an invite to chat with them 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

I'm locking this thread as a lot of the information is out of date or things have changed/been fixed.  It also makes it more difficult for us to help other customers and see patterns/trends for individual topics.  The various teams continue to work away in the background on the product.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion