Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: WiFi Max

Did you ask for sky wifi max hub ?I got my one a couple  of  weeks  ago no trouble 

This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

@cookiemonsteruk  @Chimpishuk - I've actually now been able to show & give support and example of it and how it leaves the app & router out of sync and the annoyance of having to reconnect 4 stream boxes.  I'm staying clear of that part of the config for now as theres definitely a bug there. 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by Henry+P This message was authored by: Henry+P

The App never offers the best upgrade price, that's why I tried to phone them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Henry+P currentlybthe product is in what Sky call a soft launch so only certain agents can sell it. I know it sounds strange butvthst is the way they do things. Based on my own and other users in thecforum it maybe worth waiting a bit while they shake out the bugs. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Yes, I asked for the Max hub.

That's when they got confused and passed me to someone else, eventually I was told to phone back in a month.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Henry+P 

@Henry+P wrote:

The App never offers the best upgrade price, that's why I tried to phone them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because us with sky q can't order max. Its probably a safety net to stop people ordering them when it won't work

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Henry+P The new Wifi Max is not compatable with Sky Q at the moment and Sky wont let you buy it if you have Sky Q. It is expected to be sorted before the proper launch later in the year.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

@adwarduk 

Yes there are sync issues I saw an issue where I had my mac connected to via ethernet to the router and my pixel connected (usbc to ethernet converter) to the router and the web management showed detault SSID and password.  But the app showed the SSID I'd set.  

The guy I spoke to in troubleshootinig said hardly anyone changes their webadmin creds or changes the default SSID or password.  

Having said that there are specific reasons I need to change my SSID and they're aren't just my laziness in respect to having to change some device wifi details. 

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.

I don't understand why this is not explained on the website, App or by the agents?

I'm currently out of contract, I thought they'd be doning anything to upgrade me and get me to sign a new contract.

I have considered Stream, but most of the reviews say it's not as good a Q.

But not of the agents tried to even sell me Stream to get Wi-Fi Max?

This message was authored by reddwarfcrew This message was authored by: reddwarfcrew

@Henry+P 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-wifi-max 

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 3 Sky Minis, Sky Gigafast SR203.
This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

Yep there are reasons I change mine to. We'll see what comes back as support kept a call open for mine & the other bugs we went over and demod on the live session. Anything useful I'll post here 🙂 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

@adwarduk  

It's feasible that it's not been discovered as a known issue due to the fact that not many people change their default SSID.  It would be helpful if anyone else would be willing to test changing the default SSID to see if they encounter the same issues.  

I suppose time will tell if it is a known issue either in the app or the router firmware.  Aside from a few issues with my nest devices I have to say I'm impressed with the router.  The SSID thing is very frustrating.  If they send me a new router out I can also confirm this is a known issue I guess.  I'll give the guy I spoke to the full 72 hours he might need for him or someone else to come back to me.  And also as I've factory reset show if this has worked or resulted in the same behaviour.  Technically sky support should be able to observe this behaviour themselves inhouse.  If he doesn't have any good answers for me, I'll request a new router.  

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.

@Adward 

Like-wise I'll keep my findings updated here on the out come of the factory reset, adding new SSID as well as configuring the pod.  If I find any relevant logs I'll also post them in here so that they may reach the right people at Sky.  

Also just a thought for everyone ensure that you're keeping you Mysky app updated with the latest builds from appstores.  

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Henry+P 

"But not of the agents tried to even sell me Stream to get Wi-Fi Max?"

Thats not even a guarantee.  I am keeping an eye on another issue whereby if someones switch from sky q to sky stream is done manually there is a good chance that remnants/artifacts of sky q remain and will block sky max

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@Henry+P 

@adwarduk I just remembered it was you whom had the issue re: manual move from q to stream with remnants of sky q on the system

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion