Discussion topic: WiFi Failing After 11pm

This message was authored by RyanM1996 This message was authored by: RyanM1996

WiFi Failing After 11pm

Hi all, Our WiFi l, without fail, every night from 11pm, our WiFi continues to fail. To be stage, we now have to use mobile data overnight because the WiFi just simply isn't dependable. When I do the status checker on the MySky app, it says there are no issues... Any suggestions or does anyone have the same issue?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: WiFi Failing After 11pm

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RyanM1996 overnight maintenance work usually starts around midnight and is the most likely cause for loss of connectivity after midnight. Just like overnight roadworks it is part of modern life. Where work is being done that affects your connection it can go on for a few days or a week or so and then stop.

If your hub stays connected - the LEDs on the hub will show that - then I would think there is somerthing happening around 11pm causing wifi interference. Alternatively if you are on a service over a copper line and that drops around 11pm thst can be caused by electrical kit like a time clock on a boiler switching on or off. 

Line faults are a possibility but they dont cause line drops at a fixed time.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MegDavid This message was authored by: MegDavid

I've come on here to ask the same thing! 

This message was authored by Rachel161283 This message was authored by: Rachel161283

Sky broadband down only just happened tonight. Only just upgraded my package today aswell. Try unplugging router and wait 5 mins. 

This message was authored by gazz76 This message was authored by: gazz76

Same here, our WiFi is down
This message was authored by HannahDaglan This message was authored by: HannahDaglan

Mine is down too!

RyanM1996
Topic Author
This message was authored by RyanM1996 This message was authored by: RyanM1996

Unfortunately this is every single night for us... I don't want to have to restart it every night... 😞

This message was authored by Andi83 This message was authored by: Andi83

Ours just went down tonight aswell.

This message was authored by Samanthaborrer This message was authored by: Samanthaborrer

Broadband

Hi i have had nothing but problems with our intenet since its been active every night it cuts out completly the wifi can very slow alot of the time and crashes 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RyanM1996 overnight maintenance work usually starts around midnight and is the most likely cause for loss of connectivity after midnight. Just like overnight roadworks it is part of modern life. Where work is being done that affects your connection it can go on for a few days or a week or so and then stop.

If your hub stays connected - the LEDs on the hub will show that - then I would think there is somerthing happening around 11pm causing wifi interference. Alternatively if you are on a service over a copper line and that drops around 11pm thst can be caused by electrical kit like a time clock on a boiler switching on or off. 

Line faults are a possibility but they dont cause line drops at a fixed time.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion