Discussion topic: WiFi Connects with No Internet

This message was authored by soccerjunkie This message was authored by: soccerjunkie

WiFi Connects with No Internet

Hi

i upgraded to Skys Broadband Ultrafast 1 and had the need to hard reset the router this morning

since then I can connect to my WiFi but there is an underlying message 'no internet'

it does not stop me accessing web pages, it does however stop me from logging into my works VPN

i am using a Chromebook 

having had around 5 tedious calls with the support team I am no further forward

i checked the connections on my sons Chromebook and he has the same but on the other laptops (MS and Apple) this message is not there

unfortunatley I cannot acces work from any of these as they are not approved

all settings in the router are now standard and I have done the reset, switch off and on etc etc many times today

has anyone seen this issue before, if so was it resolved and how

does anyone know if there is possibly a conflict between chromebooks and sky router

only had the ultrafast for around a month and had performed issues which do not seem to be part of the issue, speeds near the router are 150mbs

on the verge of binning sky and going elsewhere

any help is greatly appreciated 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi Connects with No Internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@soccerjunkie when you reset the Sky hub it will have returned its settings to the defaults so any settings you have changed will have been lost. If your work vpn required any of the hub's firewall ports to be opened and forwarded to the PC you will have to redo them. This isnt normally required but without knowing the exact VPN system being used it is difficult yo advise.

Sky support are not normally able to support customers apps and in this case I would talk to your employer's IT support first. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
soccerjunkie
Topic Author
This message was authored by soccerjunkie This message was authored by: soccerjunkie

Thanks for responding

unfortunately there were no setting changes in the router to access my work, it was just standard setup

the issue manifests itself by not letting me access my work but is not specific to that

as I noted when connected to the wifi there is a message saying 'no internet' this has never been there before

the message is now there irrespective of me attempting to login to work

any other thoughts appreciated 

thanks

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@soccerjunkie If this is only on the Chrome book devices, is there a way to forget the connection settings and then redo them, unfortunatly i have no experience of these devices, and as you say all others are ok.

Was there a chrome book software update or something like this that has caused the issue?

Try to find if way to forget or delete wifi on chrome book, or if it has an ethernet port try connecting direct to hub with cable.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion