Discussion topic: Wi-Fi speed

This message was authored by Amy199313 This message was authored by: Amy199313

Wi-Fi speed

I'm in a new build and pay for the super fast B-road band but it says my connection looks good but it's shocking - what can I do 

All Replies

This message was authored by AndyC316 This message was authored by: AndyC316

Re: Wi-Fi speed

New build - same

Superfast paid for - same

Site says connection looks good - same

Shocking connection -- same

Done a speed test and currently a DL of 2.5 and UL of 3.8. I'm paying for almost 600mbps. 

Amy199313
Topic Author

What are our options is there anything we can do x

This message was authored by Merlyn1976 This message was authored by: Merlyn1976

Hi having the same issue on same superfast bb upto 60mbps. 🙄 weather ???.
Amy199313
Topic Author

No it's not weather been like it since I've moved in 5 months ago

This message was authored by Merlyn1976 This message was authored by: Merlyn1976

Whaaat shocking get a refund

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Amy199313 @Merlyn1976 and @AndyC316 if you would like help in finding out what is wrong please each post your Sky hub's stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

The vast majority of new builds these days come with a full fibre connection which means you should get the speed your buy at the hub so if you buy Superfast you should get the full 80Mb/s. The same is not true if your home is using a copper phone cable where the speed depends onnthe length of thst line.

A common issue we see on new builds is the fixation developers have of putting the broadband connection is a "comms" cupboard which is very tidy but just about the worst place to put a wifi router as the signal is badly compromised before it reaches the next room let alone rooms on different floors. 

Eaxh home is different so eaxh if you may have similar issues butvtge causes are often different.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion