Discussion topic: Wi-Fi dropping out

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Wi-Fi dropping out

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent Buzzwaffle an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

After speaking with @Buzzwaffle and running some tests we have now booked an engineer to come out and reaolve the issue. Thank you for escalating 🙂 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Buzzwaffle we ran a line test which detected a fault on the line and an engineer has been booked in to resolve this shortly.

It was great speaking with you Buzzwaffle and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
Buzzwaffle
Topic Author
This message was authored by Buzzwaffle This message was authored by: Buzzwaffle

Hi Tom

Issue still not resolved. Sky employee came to visit however no fault inside. He said openreach would visit in 48hours. We are several days past that and no visit. 

This message was authored by 98107500949394934 This message was authored by: 98107500949394934

Over the last month Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling has dropped out from my mobile. Initially if I went to settings it came back. Now it is not working on my mobile or iPad that is connected through sky. I have restarted B/B modem and sky network on both devices but neither have worked but every other device I own does. Can anyone help me pleasr

This message was authored by Amyskoons This message was authored by: Amyskoons

Did you get anywhere with this? We're having the same issues, constantly having to reconnect Wi-Fi on our phones / WiFi dropping out (several times a day) but other wireless devices (laptops etc) working fine.....both use iPhones bug with different providers if that's relevant......

This message was authored by 98107500949394934 This message was authored by: 98107500949394934

Hi  Amyskoons

You are the only person to answer my post. I am sure there is a fault with my system as everywhere else my Wi-Fi and sky calling works perfectly. Such a shame there is nowhere to report the fault it is so disheartening. Thank you

Buzzwaffle
Topic Author
This message was authored by Buzzwaffle This message was authored by: Buzzwaffle

Hi there,

you may want to start a new thread to resolve your issue. 

I ended up leaving as the problem wasn't fixed. Went with 5g internet instead with 3 which works really well. 

This message was authored by Amyskoons This message was authored by: Amyskoons

Thanks both @buz and @98107500949394934 , I'm not sure how to create a new thread (commenting on here was a last resort as I kept going round in circles!)! it's frustrating as following the website it just wants to check my broadband and that keeps coming back as fine.....we've had the same box / router for about 5 years so I wondered if it needs replacing but it baffles me that's just the mobiles that don't seem happy on the wifi when other equipment is....and it's only been this way for the last few months..... 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Amyskoons, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us @Amyskoons. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion