Discussion topic: Wi-Fi dropping out

This message was authored by Buzzwaffle This message was authored by: Buzzwaffle

Wi-Fi dropping out

Hi there

I've recently had sky broadband installed however I lose internet connection several times a day. Each time it drops out it reconnects within 20-30seconds. 

Open reach couldn't find any issue with the connection. Can anyone help?

D1A2705B-CB23-49CE-830A-21EBE4E5F4AD.jpeg

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19 Answer

Re: Wi-Fi dropping out

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Buzzwaffle we ran a line test which detected a fault on the line and an engineer has been booked in to resolve this shortly.

It was great speaking with you Buzzwaffle and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Buzzwaffle 

Can you run tests on my sky app and post the info in more about your connection

Also how many times a day is it dropping

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Buzzwaffle 

We need the bit that says minimun guaranteed download speed

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Buzzwaffle
Topic Author
This message was authored by Buzzwaffle This message was authored by: Buzzwaffle

Thanks for your reply.  

It starts dropping out whenever I stream video. We have a sky glass tv and once that is streaming, it drops out every 20-30 minutes. 

1A2F3A77-3189-4075-8253-3109308DDBB6.png

8C605EC9-8A08-414B-9E53-437C78EB6E62.png

Buzzwaffle
Topic Author

AFF567AA-A1CC-4757-BCF3-73A23A0B5ED0.png

@Buzzwaffle 

How many times does it drop in a 24 hour period?

Buzzwaffle
Topic Author

I haven't counted however I would estimate at least 10. 

@Buzzwaffle 

I will escalate to sky you are barely above your guarantee with multiple drop outs and high'ish noise margin. In this case a line fault will both cause low speed and drop outs

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Buzzwaffle
Topic Author

Thank you

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoke to Buzzwaffle and after checking things we found their services to be a management pool already, Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

@Lisa-P1987 

Whats Management Pool. ?

Already picked up a fault?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Dynamic Line Management for the speeds yeah. When it's already in this process there's nothing we can or need to do. If after the 10 days it isn't any better then we can escalate again, which customer is aware of 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Buzzwaffle
Topic Author

Hi Lisa

i have waited 10 days now and still no improvement. Please can this be escalated 

ashley 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Buzzwaffle I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion