Discussion topic: Wi-Fi dropping in and out

This message was authored by Charliedogz This message was authored by: Charliedogz

Wi-Fi dropping in and out

My Wi-Fi keeps dropping in and out across all my stuff iPhones iPads cameras etc. I have done all the usual resets and line checks but it still does it all the time. Any one any ideas do I need a new router and box ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Wi-Fi dropping in and out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charliedogz Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Charliedogz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Charliedogz This message was authored by: Charliedogz

B53E3612-7288-4986-80D2-AA952B1944D4.png

Charliedogz
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 686:56:03

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 104518219 124383820 0 2915452 450609 686:54:33 LAN Up 133084493 149506749 2109002 137886820 142745426 686:56:03 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 25759612 50508258 1 20024 0 686:53:56 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 171627004 87471997 0 563480 0 686:53:52

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 79999 19999 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:11.3    DS2:26.2    DS3:38.9 US0:6.2    US1:22.6    US2:31.9 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:8.8    DS2:8.7    DS3:8.7 US0:16.2    US1:16.3    US2:16.3
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CharliedogzLooked at your router stats, the only thing that was a miss was a lot of collision packets on the LAN side with one on the 5 GHz Wi-Fi, all the uptimes are around the same. Does these drop-outs just happen at random places throughout the property or are you in the same room as the router when this happens?

Charliedogz
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

Random places 

@CharliedogzWhich kind of router did Sky supply you with from the link below? Could you also tell us if the router is hidden behind anything or in a cupboard out of the way?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

Also do you have brpadband boost as part of your broadband subscription?

Charliedogz
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

It's the sky q hub it is under the tv adjacent the sky box in an open fronted tv stand.

@CharliedogzIt might be worth trying to move it out from there if you can.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-wifi-drops 

Click on 2 best signal see if that helps.

This message was authored by tatey1000 This message was authored by: tatey1000

Hi all

think I may have the same issue.

iphone/iPad not picking up WiFi in house from sky hub. I have another router connected via cable to the garage (work) and the WiFi from that is OK ( but won't reach all of house) so suggests a hub problem

several resets and off/on has not changed.any assistance would be welcomed to help calm down 2 tech hungry teenagers ! Thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion