Discussion topic: Wi-Fi Bandwidth Sky SR203 v BT Smart Hub 2

This message was authored by Barisax This message was authored by: Barisax

Wi-Fi Bandwidth Sky SR203 v BT Smart Hub 2

I have BT Full Fibre 900 and as I am out of contract I am considering moving to Sky's equivalent product.  Can anyone tell me how the Wi-Fi bandwidth on the SR203 router compares to that on the BT Smart Hub 2?  The BT hub only gives me adequate Wi-Fi in the room furthest from the hub so I can't afford Sky to be worse. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Wi-Fi Bandwidth Sky SR203 v BT Smart Hub 2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barisax wrote:

I have BT Full Fibre 900 and as I am out of contract I am considering moving to Sky's equivalent product.

Perhaps also worth noting that Sky cannot currently offer a cellular data failover option to domestic subscribers to compete with the BT Halo 3+ offering.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by McMucker This message was authored by: McMucker

I've personally not used any Sky router for WI-FI in a long time. If you want whole home coversage I would suggest looking at a mesh setup, I've been using Deco M5's for around 3 years now and its been a game changer.

Plug the router in to the master node (Mesh device), position other nodes around the house and turn sky WI-FI off 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Barisax 

Generally the experience is that the Sky hub doesnt reach as far or provide as fast speeds as the BT hub. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Barisax wrote:

I have BT Full Fibre 900 and as I am out of contract I am considering moving to Sky's equivalent product.

Perhaps also worth noting that Sky cannot currently offer a cellular data failover option to domestic subscribers to compete with the BT Halo 3+ offering.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion