Discussion topic: Why is my neighbours name in my available WiFi connection list

This message was authored by jason05 This message was authored by: jason05

Why is my neighbours name in my available WiFi connection list

Hello I've been trying to call sky?? to ask a question no luck so I wondered if anyone could tell me why my neighbours WiFi is in my  available WiFi connection list. 

Only noticed when broadband was down last night and I was checking my tablets settings. Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007 Answer

Re: Why is my neighbours name in my available WiFi connection list

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jason05 if their network is within range of your devices they will display it as an available network to connect to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007 Answer

@jason05 if their network is within range of your devices they will display it as an available network to connect to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
jason05
Topic Author
This message was authored by jason05 This message was authored by: jason05

I see, thank you👍 that's good to know and a relief 👀

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@jason05 

But if they are running a router on default settings from the past decade you wouldn't be able to connect.

WiFi itself isn't exactly known for staying within property boundaries (except where it's needed in a garden office, when the house magically turns into a Faraday Cage ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion