Discussion topic: When will broadband become available

This message was authored by Phillip This message was authored by: Phillip

When will broadband become available

18 months ago my wife had to renew our virgin media broadband as there was nothing yet available. Unfortunately the price went up.

We was told by sky that broadband is not available in my area even though my neighbours have it in their homes. We was told to wait and that it should not be too long before Sky rollout broadband in my area.

It's now another 18 months on and still there are no deals for my postcode as you may have guessed sky broadband is still not available in my area (even though some neighbours have it) and yea you guessed it, virgin media wants to tie us into another 18 month contract for even more money for a crappy service.

When will sky be rolling out (or offering broadband packages) in my area, as they seem to be taking their sweet time and we really want to move away from Virgin media.

It feel like we are trapped and virgin media is an evil prison guard holding a whip over us.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Phillip

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: When will broadband become available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phillip  Could you please fill in the form in the link below and then post a screenshot when submitted. But hide the private information in the top-left corner.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: When will broadband become available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phillip you are not waiting on Sky as they do not own or operate the network connection to homes. Like many ISPs they use the Openreach phone network for the connection from the exchange. Openreach are in the process of installing fibre to the premises (aka Full Fibre) as opposed to Fibre to the Cabinet which uses the old copper phone cables from the street cabinet serving each road. 

The link @Highlinder gives will tell us what services can be offered now. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion