Discussion topic: Very slow Internet connection

This message was authored by INDY7 This message was authored by: INDY7

Very slow Internet connection

My Internet connection is very poor this morning in Inverness. I work form home and I cannot get my laptop connected due to poor Internet speed.  

When are Sky going to get auperfast fibre optic broadband to its customers in Inverness?  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Very slow Internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@INDY7 the answer to your second question is when Openreach get round to installing full fibre in your area see this checker  https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker to see what plans they have published. Sky dont lay fibre themselves currently they only offer services over Openreach's network but this will expand to include City Fibre's network in 2025 as annouced earlier this week.

If you have a black Sky hub if you post your hub;s stats forum members should be able to advise what msy becwrong today see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Very slow Internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@INDY7 the answer to your second question is when Openreach get round to installing full fibre in your area see this checker  https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker to see what plans they have published. Sky dont lay fibre themselves currently they only offer services over Openreach's network but this will expand to include City Fibre's network in 2025 as annouced earlier this week.

If you have a black Sky hub if you post your hub;s stats forum members should be able to advise what msy becwrong today see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion