Discussion topic: VPN problems

This message was authored by ITTT This message was authored by: ITTT

Re: Vpn

Hi TimmyBGood,

I think I have the same problem, can't connnect to VPN with my company laptop.

I have tried other potential solutions but none of them has helped.

I found this discussion and hope this would reolve my issue, too.

Can you help to escalate my probelm and get Sky remove me from the MAP-T sharing, please?

Darren1068
Topic Author
This message was authored by Darren1068 This message was authored by: Darren1068

Mine was escalated and I was contacted but they were not very helpful blaming my company and the VPN they use ,which is strange because I can use it on other peoples WIFI (Not the Sky max hub )

if it doesn't get sorted I will be changing provider 

Hi -rpnz-,

Can you please help to escalate this for me as I'm still struggling to use my VPN connection.

(Tried multiple tricks described here and in other channels but it simly doesn't work with my Sky internet.)

Thank you in advance.

ITTT

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ITTT please confoirm you have a white Sky hub and you have switched UPnP on as explained here UPnP set up

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Thanks Chrisee,

Yes, both are true.

All the best,

ITTT

@ITTT I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch tomorrow to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @ITTT.

@ITTT can you also completecand submit this form  please to help the team investigating the issue thanks

This message was authored by -rpnz- This message was authored by: -rpnz-

Posted by a Sky employee

Adding some additional advice for IT departments that may stumble upon this thread:

Another trigger for this VPN inter-op issue are end-hosts not learning path MTU discovery (PMTUD) correctly. Please make sure end-host firewalling is not blocking inbound ICMPv4 Destination Unreachable (type 3) Fragmentation Needed (code 4) messages, or that the host OS is not otherwise ignoring PMTUD.

Hi @Addie15,

Can you please arrange the next steps?

I have gone through all the suggested troubleshooting steps were suggested yesterday and no luck with the VPN connection.

Thank you.

Thank you.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @ITTT @Romhoop & @Darren1068 

Our support teams have been investigating your problem and advised the following:

If possible, configure the VPN to avoid fragmentation of the key/certificate exchange, as well as the encrypted payload by lowering the MTU on the VPN tunnel interface, and implementing TCP MSS adjusting to fit the lower MTU. You will likely need the support of your IT team as this change needs admin support on your machine.

Please come back to the Community and let us all know how you get on 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Mo26 This message was authored by: Mo26

Re: VPN problems

I am having the same issue and spoke several time to Sky about opting me out of the IP Sharing but they absolutely don't care

Hi @KevNewMedia

Thank you for your reply.

I have started to play with these settings as you suggested. No luck yet.

Would it be possible to provide some advise, intructions on what to change, where and how for the benefit of all the viewers having similar problems?

Thanks,

Re: VPN problems

@Mo26 if the work round on activating UPnP explained here UPnP set up which changes the sharing ratio to 1:1 doesnt work for you complete this form https://forms.office.com/e/kk1gCkWsRb?origin=lprLink 

Sky have a team working on the issue which is proving quite complex..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion