Discussion topic: Upgrading to sky superfast can i keep my BT landline .... VIP Diamond member

This message was authored by Mysticoz This message was authored by: Mysticoz

Upgrading to sky superfast can i keep my BT landline .... VIP Diamond member

Hello,

I have sky unlimited at the moment but want to upgrade to sky superfast,  the thing is we want to keep our BT landline,  but if we went to superfast would we be able to keep our BT phone number on skytalk, I think everyone's on openreach anyway?

Cheers VIP Diamond member.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Upgrading to sky superfast can i keep my BT landline .... VIP Diamond member

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MysticozIf you are already with Sky for Sky talk then moving from Sky Unlimited to Superfast broadband it is only a name change really.

You are not paying BT for line rental it is all to Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Mysticoz
Topic Author

Re: Upgrading to sky superfast can i keep my BT landline .... VIP Diamond member

No all line rental is to BT

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MysticozYou phone line then will move to Sky and you should get to keep your phone number. As for the line rental, that is now part of your broadband package.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Mysticoz
Topic Author

So  the sky superfast package includes a free landline?  With sky talk are any subscription costs there or you just pay for calls? Any idea how much this superfast  35  is currently

Cheers .

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Mysticoz 

For switching and a price see https://www.sky.com/broadband and price down the page is £28 per month for eighteen months, and the line is included in that price but calls cost additional.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Mysticoz
Topic Author

@mae-3  so how will the VOIP work and is install done by openreach or sky

@Mysticoz 

If you are with BT currently then you can do a migration from BT to Sky for broadband and phone services, the likelihood is you'll get the telephone via VoIP which basically means the phone plugs into the router. When performing a migration the telephone number will be taken by the order processing system or by phone and you keep that on migration and then Sky will contact BT on your behalf to cease service once Sky has taken over the phone and broadband service. There should be little downtime on migration, usually a couple of hours.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@Mysticoz 

Migrating and upgrading is same process and the downtime is minimal, usually a couple of hours. The installation process is done by BT Openreach that handle all provider maintenance and installation on the BT Wholesale infrastructure...

-------

Mysticoz
Topic Author

CHEERS & Thankyou @mae-3 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion