Discussion topic: Upgrading to Ultrafast - Openreach engineer has improved my install date

This message was authored by gaz1882 This message was authored by: gaz1882

Upgrading to Ultrafast - Openreach engineer has improved my install date

Hi, recently upgraded to Ultrafast, and had an install date of 5th August at my property, with preliminary work needing to be done outside the property before hand.

The Openreach engineer has texted me today, saying all necessary work now for outside is now complete, and did I want to move up my install date to the 17th July? 

I've accepted, and he's replied back confirming new date of the 17th July.

Has he jumped the gun, and will I need to advise Sky as they need to send out the router/hub for this in advance? Or is this something he'll do directly?

I've messaged back asking if I need to advise Sky directly, but not had anything back.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Upgrading to Ultrafast - Openreach engineer has improved my install date

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gaz1882  What information is in track orders in my account about activation date? Has that changed or they might have to update Sky that this has happened/

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
gaz1882
Topic Author

Track orders still shows as the original date. 5th August. I'll contact them Monday and see if it's correct 👍🏻 Thanks 

gaz1882
Topic Author

Just an update on this. No one at Sky can help. Their customer support on X, their customer support online, and their customer support on the phone. No one can advise what to do, so will have to turn away the Openreach engineer on the 17th July, as Sky know nothing about the 17th July and only have the 5th August down as the activation date and not sooner. 

I've messaged the engineer via his original text, but no reply.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gaz1882 hopefully the engineer will use the internal system that us used to communicatecwith Sky telling them of the date change. Openreach are strictly regulated which leads to inflexibility if the correct systems are not used.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion