Discussion topic: Upgrading from Superfast to Ultrafast plus

This message was authored by Kevinjac This message was authored by: Kevinjac

Upgrading from Superfast to Ultrafast plus

Hello, I currently have Superfast however I am wanting to upgrade to Ultrafast Plus. I have a few concerns:

1) Will this cause disruption to my preexisting internet connection? I work from home remotely and would need internet access throughout the day, would this work cause the internet to go down?

2) How long is the process to get it installed? Is it a simple process and what access is required to install this from the engineer?

Thanks again anyone who manages to reply ❤️

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Upgrading from Superfast to Ultrafast plus

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevinjac 

Hopefully not maybe an hour or so. But sky still will state up to midnight on activation day to go live.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Kevinjac 

Enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

This will give an idea of timescales and any known issues

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Kevinjac
Topic Author

Kevinjac_0-1653150288925.png

Ive attached said table! 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Kevinjac 

1 stage install usually 7 days from date of order. Single dwelling overhead feed and no known issues

And certainly it shouldn't take as long on date of activation to cease the fttc line and get your fttp activated as it would for switching providers. Hopefully one to two hours max.

Kevinjac
Topic Author

Would I experience the internet being down during this time? Thank you so much for your answers

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Kevinjac 

Hopefully not maybe an hour or so. But sky still will state up to midnight on activation day to go live.

This message was authored by DanD90 This message was authored by: DanD90

When I went from Superfast to Ultrafast, the broadband continued to work while the fibre was installed as it's a new network. The only disconnect was when the engineer rebooted the router to swap  from the copper fed line to the ethernet link between the ONT and router - around 5 mins.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion