Discussion topic: Upgrading from FTTC to FTTP. New router required?

This message was authored by nkendall This message was authored by: nkendall

Upgrading from FTTC to FTTP. New router required?

Hi,

I currently have Sky Superfast with the SR203 router.

I have ordered Ultrafast and it is due to be installed in a couple of weeks. Today I received in the post a small package from Sky that contains an ethernet cable and a small manual for a router, but no router was supplied.

Is this correct? Will I be using my existing router with the Ultrafast package?

Thank you for any guidance you can give.

nkendall_1-1657317036518.png

Best Answers
This message was authored by Aurynfire This message was authored by: Aurynfire Answer

Re: Upgrading from FTTC to FTTP. New router required?

@nkendall wrote:

Hi,

I have ordered Ultrafast and it is due to be installed in a couple of weeks. Today I received in the post a small package from Sky that contains an ethernet cable and a small manual for a router, but no router was supplied.

Answer: Yes you will be using the SR203 with the ultrafast package, the fibre install will connect to port 4 on the SR203 from the ONT that will be installed inside your property.  

Fantastically Autistic

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Aurynfire This message was authored by: Aurynfire Answer

@nkendall wrote:

Hi,

Answer: Yes you will be using the SR203 with the ultrafast package, the fibre install will connect to port 4 on the SR203 from the ONT that will be installed inside your property.  

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nkendall if you have a SR203 it will work with your new service. The engineer will disconnect the hub from the phone line, reboot it and use the ethernet cable from your new ONT unit to the ethernet port number 4 that acts as the WAN port and test the service on one of your devices.

The only problem would be if you are using all 4 ethernet ports already if so buy yourself a basic unmanaged ethernet switch for a few pounds as in FTTP configuration you only have 3 ethernet LAN ports on a SR203. You wont have to re-connect any of your wifi devices they will work as before.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
nkendall
Topic Author
This message was authored by nkendall This message was authored by: nkendall

Thank you for your replies!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion