Discussion topic: Upgrading broadband to Fibre to premises, outside blockage, Sky no record

This message was authored by Matt+Stoz This message was authored by: Matt+Stoz

Upgrading broadband to Fibre to premises, outside blockage, Sky no record

I'm upgrading my broadband to fibre to the premises. The openreach engineer that came to do the outside connection (from road to house) found a blockage in pipe, stating due to tree root. Advised a dig would be needed to unblock. Agreed to dig and openreach said paperwork had been completed - and that I should contact Sky to find out date/further details. Calling Sky, they have no record and can see no notes on their system.  They did advise that openreach engineer booked for inside fit would still come so that this work would be completed. The engineer did not show - I did receive2 texts telling me that they were due to show. Calling Sky again, they still have no record of the work (either visit) and the best they've offered is to book another engineer visit. I seem to be caught in a loop. How can Sky/Openreach interact? Why is there no record? The telephone agents I've spoken to seem to have no appreciation of the sitation, or any idea on how to resolve things. I'm reluctant to cancel the upgrade

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Upgrading broadband to Fibre to premises, outside blockage, Sky no record

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt+Stoz conmunication betwen any ISP and Openreach has to go through a single system and on many occasions Openreeach don't fully update with each stage, missing appointmdnts and turning up out if the blue etc. You should get your job done but exactly when will depend on the availability of the "civils" team who dig holes etc.and will vlear the duct. When thstvis done the fibre enginerrs will run thr fibrecto your home and install a termination box onto the outside wall. Normally it is only after that is complete will the internal work to fit the ONT be done. 

Keep in touch with with Sky they have a team who look after the ordrrs that gonwrong called Order Recovery hopefully your order should be escalated to them. There is no point shouting at Sky as they only know what they have been told. In thecend you should get a new line and you should get compensation. See Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Matt+Stoz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matt+Stoz This message was authored by: Matt+Stoz

Re: Upgrading broadband to Fibre to premises, outside blockage, Sky no record

Thanks for responding. How long should I leave it/expect to be informed of the next step - at which point is there a way to contact order recovery team? To confirm, I have not shouted at Sky; the phone agents have been pleasant, but just have no information, and I found the situation confusing.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion