Discussion topic: Upgrading broadband issue

This message was authored by Hayley1987P This message was authored by: Hayley1987P

Upgrading broadband issue

Every time I select "upgrade broadband" in the app it keeps telling me Sky Broadband isn't available at my address despite me already having it...anyone else have this problem? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Upgrading broadband issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hayley1987P this can happen depending on the local availability. One likely scensrio is you have a Superfast service over copper but every connection on your cabinet is sold and there is a waiting list for new connections. You can check if that applies to you by dntering your full address in this checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Look at the line for VDSL if it says Waiting List under the righthand column for Availability thst is the resson Sky wont offer a new service at your address. If it doesnt and you want someone to explain what the result means post the result after removing any reference to your address.

In the past Openrreach would increase FTTC capacity that is much more unlikely sincecthey have switched to installing fibre to people's home (FTTP) If you are on a full cabinet switching ISPs risks losing your connection as in the switch it goes to the furst person in the waiting list.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion