Discussion topic: Upgrade to Fibre

This message was authored by Quecumber11 This message was authored by: Quecumber11

Upgrade to Fibre

Engineer vist was today to fix fault but was advised to just upgrade to fibre instead which is what I have been wanting to do.

The problem I have is if i try to upgrade on the website while logged in I am told that fibre is not available at this address but If i try while not logged in and say i am moving to this address and have permission then full fibre is available.

I have spoken to Sky over the phone and was advised by the engineer that came out about 3 weeks ago that full fibre was available but after speaking to 3 different sky advisors they say It Is not available.

So as I mentioned we had another engineer out today and he is advising the same that we should just upgrade to fibre as it is showing on his sky app as available at this address but when i try to upgrade logged In It tells me It Is not available.

Could someone please look Into this as 2 engineers have now said that It Is available but you say Its not.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Upgrade to Fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Quecumber11 

As I thought, your probably on G.Fast and currently Sky cant process upgrades from G.Fast to FTTP. Thats why it shows as unavailable to you but available to a new customer at the same address.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Quecumber11 

Are you on G.Fast currently?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Quecumber11  Could you please fill out the form in the link below and submit it. Could you then take a screenshot hiding the private information in the top-left corner and post it in the forum for us to take a look at it.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

What package do you have just now with Sky and how are you connected?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Quecumber11 you are not talking to Sky directly by posting in the forum. It can happen that there is an error with the address not coming up correctly. You will have to call Sky to get this sorted if the order cannot go through on line - this isnt something the forum chat team can do for you unfortunately.

Before calling it is worth entering the full address into the following checker. The line you are looking for starts WBC FTTP (not FTTP on demand which is different) if that shows as available Sky should be able to order the service. If you post the table include the first few kines of the notes and remove the reference to the house address Openreach Checker

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Quecumber11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Quecumber11 This message was authored by: Quecumber11

I have already spoken to sky directly and It was hardwork trying to explain the issue then getting transferred and then having to explain again and again.

I have taken a screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 140914.png

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Quecumber11 

As I thought, your probably on G.Fast and currently Sky cant process upgrades from G.Fast to FTTP. Thats why it shows as unavailable to you but available to a new customer at the same address.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Quecumber11 unfortunately if you want to order with Sky you will have to call them there is no way round thst as for some unexplained reason the "computer says no". There are teams within Sky who can sort these issues out. Oddly if you aren't under contract it could beceasier to order from a different isp.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by UKBRIT75 This message was authored by: UKBRIT75

IMG_4644.jpeg

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having difficulty upgrading to full fibre 500 despite BT and Open reach and Sky showing my addresss as already being able to have full fibre. The sky handler wasn't able to place my upgrade right at the last minute and had to go to sky resolution centre. After 4 days he called back to say the name had changed and that's why it hadn't gone through. Tried again and same thing happened. It's been 6 working day and no call back. 

Quecumber11
Topic Author

Just renewed contract and the  option to upgrade to full fibre was now available.

I think I had some WLR restrictions on my old contract causing  my issues, do not know what what this means just wish sky had explained this to me instead of saying fibre not available in my area when It clearly was.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion