Discussion topic: Unreliable broadband

This message was authored by Lulubell This message was authored by: Lulubell

Unreliable broadband

[content removed] What on earth is going on with your Internet service lately? From a once reliable connection and speed it's really gone downhill and I've had many outages of varied durations over the past two months. Not good enough 

Moderator note: tag removed

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Unreliable broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lulubell  You're not talking to Sky via the forum, you're just telling customers.

However faults do occur All ISP's have these issues.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Lulubell
Topic Author

Just venting my frustrations to be honest, threw in the @ for good measure 

This message was authored by Fraserbean81 This message was authored by: Fraserbean81

Ours has been so bad too I'm calling to leave in the morning 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Lulubell  Your not tagging sky either, thats in innocent customers tag

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Lulubell
Topic Author

I'm seriously considering the same. Good luck

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Lulubell & @Fraserbean81 assuming you are not in contract of course you can leave but be aware if you switch to another ISP using the same line your issue is likely to move with you. By far the most common cause of substandard service is down to the Openreach line to your home. Apart from Tuesday/Wednesday's outage Sky's network is pretty stable in my experience.

If you would like help from forum members in working out what is wrong with your connection post you hub's stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics. 

If you decide to  switch to another ISP who use Openreach DON'T call Sky to cancel as the system is that your new ISP handles the switch from their end. Cancelling and re-ordering will likely leave you without a service for a couple of weeks. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Lulubell
Topic Author

Many thanks for your reply, I am unfortunately in  contract, and my issues although recent and frequent , have not been confined to the recent outages 

This message was authored by Direwolf425 This message was authored by: Direwolf425

My broadband is going off again day in, day out. We pay a lot for fibre and it keeps dropping out. I told Sky about this months ago, nothing was done about it and now we're back in the same spot again. This is ridiculous! 
Why is this still happening? Internet still keeps dropping out daily. Yet again, all lights go off with the furthest right hand light of four turns red, then over a period of approximately 5 minutes, the lights go Amber and then green systematically from left to right, before the internet comes back on. Look back through my notes on file and you'll see it's the same thing as before. What's going on with Sky?

Regards

Chris Hall

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion