Discussion topic: Unfortunately Sky Broadband is not available at your address

This message was authored by HarrisonK This message was authored by: HarrisonK

Unfortunately Sky Broadband is not available at your address

Hi, 

I've been trying to get this sorted for a week now. People on the phones & livechat, whilst friendly, don't know what's going on & now I keep being directed here.

I am due to renew my broadband but decided to move to EE and put an order through them. I then changed my mind and wanted to stay with Sky, I notified both EE and Sky on Sunday. And EE confirmed with OpenReach on Monday. 

When I go to renew I get a "Unfortunately Sky Broadband is not available at your address" message. I still have an active Sky fibre line.

Sky are telling me that EE are still trying to take over my line but EE have confirmed with OpenReach that the line takeover has been rescinded. 

I'm unsure what my next step is? Am I able to escalate this to another Sky department

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Unfortunately Sky Broadband is not available at your address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HarrisonK  Do you happen to have a g.fast connection for your broadband?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
HarrisonK
Topic Author
This message was authored by HarrisonK This message was authored by: HarrisonK

I've got FTTP Sky Gigafast. 

just spoken to Sky again and apparently I need to speak to the retention/ cancellation team. But their wait time was an hour tonight, the general customer service line was 15 mins (which seems like a very dodgy tactic to me) 

Might just change my mind again and swap to EE, think it's going to be the easiest option.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@HarrisonK  Just now they are asking customers on g.fast to revert to ADSL then back up to FTTP. But moving to another provider is another option that is open to you if you are at the end of your minimum term contract.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Highlinder 

"I've got FTTP Sky Gigafast. "

Made that mistake in the past myself 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@cookiemonsteruk  I thought I was getting it when I asked for ultrafast 1, but when they came to do the cable pull I was like sense of relief when it was to get the CSP installed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion