Discussion topic: Unable to use online apps or access websites online while connected to WiFi.

This message was authored by SJLLOYD25 This message was authored by: SJLLOYD25

Unable to use online apps or access websites online while connected to WiFi.

Hi, I'm having an issue with my home WiFi. I can connect to the WiFi fine, but any apps that use WiFi do not work/will not load. The error messages that show when trying to use these apps all say something along the lines of "connection lost" and "please check your internet connection". When trying to use a laptop, the WiFi signal is very weak and will 'drop out' and disconnect very regularly. I have used my phone and other phones in the house to test the speeds of the upload and download, but all seems to be working fine. I have also tried using the broadband checker within the 'My Sky' app and that reports no issues and that the connection should be fine. I would really appreciate it if someone could come out and take a look for me to try and figure out what the issue is. Everyone in the house is having to use their mobile data all day, every day now. This has been going on for quite a while now (3 weeks ish) and I can't find any helpful numbers online that will let me speak to someone. Thank you in advance!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Stellavision This message was authored by: Stellavision Answer

Re: Unable to use online apps or access websites online while connected to WiFi.

Check your Broadband Shield settings in the MySky app or using a web browser. Change to 18 if it is set to anything else.

——————————————————-
Armed forces veteran, musician, av enthusiast and tech geek.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daisy-ring This message was authored by: Daisy-ring

Re: Unable to use online apps or access websites online while connected to WiFi.

We have same problem, you've explained it perfectly! 
I hope you get a reply for help.
We moved to sky about a month ago and apps have constantly dropped out since  - so frustrating 

This message was authored by Daisy-ring This message was authored by: Daisy-ring

@SJLLOYD25 We have same problem, you've explained it perfectly! 
I hope you get a reply for help.
We moved to sky about a month ago and apps have constantly dropped out since  - so frustrating 

This message was authored by Stellavision This message was authored by: Stellavision Answer

Check your Broadband Shield settings in the MySky app or using a web browser. Change to 18 if it is set to anything else.

——————————————————-
Armed forces veteran, musician, av enthusiast and tech geek.

@Stellavision Thanks! 
it was set on 15 and my Apple News app seems to be working now.
Fingers🤞for the others  

This message was authored by TDMN97 This message was authored by: TDMN97

Hi @Daisy-ring, thanks for letting me know you're having the same issue and that the fix worked for you! I'm glad you was able to sort yours out. I made the post on my father-in-law's account (SJLLOYD25) as he's the account holder for our broadband. I'll give it a go and hopefully it'll work for us too! 

This message was authored by TDMN97 This message was authored by: TDMN97

Hi @Stellavision, thank you for this suggestion. I made the post on my father-in-law's account (SJLLOYD25) as he's the account holder for our broadband. I'll give it a go and hopefully it'll work for us too! As soon as I've tried it, I'll report back here to let everyone know - just in case it helps someone else out in the future 😊

SJLLOYD25
Topic Author
This message was authored by SJLLOYD25 This message was authored by: SJLLOYD25

@Stellavision thank you again for your suggestion. I have changed the settings and it seems to have worked! Some of my apps are finally loading again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they all work now. You are a saviour, as this was really starting to stress me out! Thank you again @Daisy-ring for confirming it worked for you too!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion