Discussion topic: Unable to see attached device list

This message was authored by jones1910 This message was authored by: jones1910

Unable to see attached device list

When navigating to advanced > LAN IP Setup and trying to reserve an IP address the attached devices list is blank, I can see a console error in dev tools 

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token (at sky_lan_ip_setup_addmac.html:27:16)

When I look at the line it is complaining about I can see the address list iis cut off like a limit has been reached? I have less than 10 reserved IPs but this is when trying to show a list of attached devices. I have my Sky router connected to BT whole home and can see on there there are less than 40 devices in total connected to the network. 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Unable to see attached device list

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jones1910 

How many devices exactly? The Sky hub is temperamental with its device limits. Sometimes unplugging the hub from the wall will remove stale entrys which could fix it.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
jones1910
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

I have 8 reserved IPs, Just tried a reboot and still the same unfortunatly. I can get the IP and MAC address from the whole home UI but due to the webpage errors I am unable to save when manually filling out the details. Also if I go to Maintenance > attached devices I get the same console error and blank table. Appreciate the help. 

jones1910
Topic Author

Have managed to reserve an IP by taking a backup and manually editing it/restoring a backup 😩

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@jones1910 There is a bug in the Sky hub firmware where if you try to edit using an Apple device especially running ios the edits don't save. Windows devices dont suffer from this but if you are stuck with Apple devices then use Chrome rather than Safari as thst can work with persistance. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
jones1910
Topic Author

@Chrisee Thanks, I'm trying to edit on a windows machine, tried both Chrome and Firefox, no Apple devices on the network, its a strange one. I can see the device list in the html is truncated but theres not that many attached so not sure why. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@jones1910 

To me your routers firmware sounds borked you may require a new hub if a complete factory reset doesnt work

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion