Discussion topic: Unable to connect to ps5 authentication error

This message was authored by kaur1975 This message was authored by: kaur1975

Unable to connect to ps5 authentication error

Trying to connect to ps5 recently got new sky WiFi and it says provider may be preventing your ps5 from connecting to the internet.

All Replies

This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Re: Unable to connect to ps5 authentication error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kaur1975 Is the PS5 near the router at all? Much more reliable to use an Ethernet cable for gaming compared to using WiFi. The console could be getting confused as well if the WiFi bands are synced together, which they are by default. 

You would think a modern console would work fine but they seem to be really picky with network connections. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
This message was authored by Hjones121 This message was authored by: Hjones121

If using a wired ethernet connection the message is still the same, what would you suggest? I've just upgraded to the superfast (it worked fine before, I just wanted fibre) now its saying it won't give permission, wireless or wired. 

This message was authored by dave+hizzy This message was authored by: dave+hizzy

Just had my new router and same as you can't connect ps5 to the internet!! 

This message was authored by westham1566 This message was authored by: westham1566

Did anyone get an answer to this??? I've got the same issue both on WiFi and ethernet. Can't connect any of my Alexa devices either getting very frustrated. I've split the networks, tried everything. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion