Discussion topic: Trying to factory Reset Sky Router

This message was authored by The_Footie_Fan This message was authored by: The_Footie_Fan

Trying to factory Reset Sky Router

An elderly family member has forgotten the login credentials to their Sky Router (SR203), which I need to access to make some changes to their configuration.  I've tried to reset the router to default settings by using the button on the back of the router (hold until power light blinks and then release), but after the re-boot the default credentials (username - admin, password - sky) are not being accepted.  Do I have the right default credentials and am I following the correct router password resent process?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Trying to factory Reset Sky Router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@The_Footie_Fan wrote:

after the re-boot the default credentials (username - admin, password - sky) are not being accepted.  Do I have the right default credentials

The default credentials for a Sky Broadband Hub are 'admin' as user name and the WiFi key from the label on the back as password.

'sky' is the password for the earlier Q Hub, and one reason that model is being replaced.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@The_Footie_Fan 
I would also note that for a factory reset the button needs to be held for a minimum of 30 seconds, not just until the first LED flash.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
The_Footie_Fan
Topic Author
This message was authored by The_Footie_Fan This message was authored by: The_Footie_Fan

Thank you, I had also tried the WiFi password with the admin user name but this didn't work, probably due to the physical button not being depressed long enough.  Will try again and report back. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion