Discussion topic: TP link wifi extender

This message was authored by Sytheruk This message was authored by: Sytheruk

TP link wifi extender

Hi guys / gals. 

i have sky broadband running on TP Archer V2800. 

is there a wifi extender that would be compatible with this routers speeds? I wouldn't want it to be a bottleneck etc. 

also I don't want it to have a different SSID. Needs to be same as router so devices seemlesly switch between router and this extender like the sky sr02 booster does with the sky sr203 router. 

cheers

Ben

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: TP link wifi extender

@Sytheruk 

The TP-Link RE650 AC2600 extender would be the closest to speed with capability with that TP-Link router, but be aware that all extenders half the throughput of the complete wireless network on the way they work.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion