Discussion topic: TP Link dropping wifi when I switch it on while using aruba

This message was authored by Graeme+Dean This message was authored by: Graeme+Dean

TP Link dropping wifi when I switch it on while using aruba

I have a device called an Aruba for work and it's situated in my office upstairs. The only way for it to work is for TP link plugged in downstairs and connected to my router. But when the TP link is on on wifi drops out several times a day. What can I do to fix as I have to use 4g on my phone as won't connect to internet when TP link is on 

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: TP Link dropping wifi when I switch it on while using aruba

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What HPE Aruba device are you using and what is the TP-Link device you're referring to @Graeme+Dean 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
Graeme+Dean
Topic Author
This message was authored by Graeme+Dean This message was authored by: Graeme+Dean

TP Link AV 1000 and Aruba has no model as suck 

FC52B805-4ACE-4C62-A33B-114B2647DD63.jpeg

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Graeme+Dean

That looks like an HPE Aruba wireless access point. Are you connecting that device to the powerline adaptors? Are you saying when you turn the AP on you're losing the Wi-Fi from the Sky Hub? Does the Aruba AP still broadcast a signal? 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Skull+Treaty 

Av1000's appear to be powerlines

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Skull+Treaty 

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yep 🙂

wrote:

Are you connecting that device to the powerline adaptors? 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Skull+Treaty 

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Skull+Treaty 

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yep 🙂

wrote:

Are you connecting that device to the powerline adaptors? 

My bad, at this time of morning i misread that as "are you connecting to powerline adapters" 😁️ More coffee needed

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@Graeme+Dean 

On the back of the Aruba device, there should be a block of text, normally third line it'll say the model number - is it APINR203? 

@cookiemonsteruk 

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

My bad, at this time of morning i misread that as "are you connecting to powerline adapters" 😁️ More coffee needed

Working from home today and the first brew is ready 🙂 

Graeme+Dean
Topic Author

Here is a picture of the TP Link 

image.jpg

Graeme+Dean
Topic Author

Here is a picture 

image.jpg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion