Discussion topic: Switching supplier

This message was authored by Sarahwi This message was authored by: Sarahwi

Switching supplier

Well appears Sky are no help so if you are not delivering what I am paying g for that means you are in breach of the contract and I can move suppliers 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Switching supplier

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sarahwi 

What are you paying for?

What speed are you getting?

What is the issue?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Sarahwi wrote:

Well appears Sky are no help so if you are not delivering what I am paying g for that means you are in breach of the contract and I can move suppliers 

@Sarahwi Actually no it doesn't, If the issue is related to your line and Sky cannot get it fixed via Openreach then  you should be offered the option of leaving, if the issue is related to WiFi connections or issues inside your property then that wouldn't trigger the option to leave as it would be down to you to fix.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sarahwi wrote:

that means you are in breach of the contract and I can move suppliers 

Nope: broadband delivery is 'best effort' based on national infrastructure which Sky doesn't own or operate, as @daveNOS indicates.

If you leave arbitrarily then it's you who are automatically in breach of contract.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Sarahwi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sarahwi This message was authored by: Sarahwi

Cheers 

engineer checked the line and no issues, guy even fitted a new box inside and yet still keep losing signal

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sarahwi 

That probably suggests the issue is WiFi rather than broadband: ISPs will provide a limited amount of help with that (typically at extra monthly cost) but a better investment may be a third party mesh wireless system.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion