Discussion topic: Strong signal on Sky box/iPad/iPhone but TV can’t maintain a signal to stream

This message was authored by Dolenz This message was authored by: Dolenz

Strong signal on Sky box/iPad/iPhone but TV can’t maintain a signal to stream

Strong signal on Sky box/iPad/iPhone but tv can't maintain a signal to stream Netflix/catch up TV.  Many moons and buffalo have passed since I last could receive terrestrial TV but that's no big deal, I just want my Netflix/catchup.  I came away from BT and their boosters when I was having slight issues like this but nothing as bad as this service from Sky.  

Impossible today to make contact with a Sky human by phone.  this isn't the only day I've tried but who can stay on the line for hours?  
Sky virtual 'assistant' is a polite pest IMHO.  
Don't know what type of Sky I have for TV as it doesn't state on my account.  
Is there anything I could apart from take up reading my book?  Thanks.  

Best Answers
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: Strong signal on Sky box/iPad/iPhone but TV can’t maintain a signal to stream

@Dolenz 

A cheap solution for obtaining a connection to the smart TV if it has an ethernet port is to use ethernet over powerline adapters, these pass the ethernet signals through the mains home wiring and then a short ethernet cable is required from each HomePlug to the equipment concerned, eg: router and smart TV at each end. These ethernet homeplugs are a good solution for those with pretty good mains wiring circuitry and supply sufficient speed to stream UHD TV.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: Strong signal on Sky box/iPad/iPhone but TV can’t maintain a signal to stream

@Dolenz 

A cheap solution for obtaining a connection to the smart TV if it has an ethernet port is to use ethernet over powerline adapters, these pass the ethernet signals through the mains home wiring and then a short ethernet cable is required from each HomePlug to the equipment concerned, eg: router and smart TV at each end. These ethernet homeplugs are a good solution for those with pretty good mains wiring circuitry and supply sufficient speed to stream UHD TV.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Dolenz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dolenz This message was authored by: Dolenz

mae-3 thanks for that.  Although I don't know what ethernet port is I know someone who will.  When I get a new smart TV I'm also buying their 'set up service' and they've promised they won't sell me a tv I can't use.  I'm going to show them your tip, thanks.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion