Discussion topic: Some apps on my phone won't work through my internet but will if i use my phone data connection

This message was authored by Bluesparky This message was authored by: Bluesparky

Some apps on my phone won't work through my internet but will if i use my phone data connection

I can use most apps on my phone via the internet but some won't work. If I turn off my phone's wifi and use my mobile data they work fine!? Even my sky app too is one of them!

Best Answers
Bluesparky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bluesparky This message was authored by: Bluesparky Answer

Re: Some apps on my phone won't work through my internet but will if i use my phone data connection

Thanks I had the same idea 'good old turn off the power to reset' and so far so good! 👍😎 thank you for taking the time to help me! Much Appreciated 😊

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Some apps on my phone won't work through my internet but will if i use my phone data connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BluesparkyWhat is the broadband shield set to in my account? Also have you check where you IP is located as some of the pool of IP addesses that Sky have are from Italy.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Bluesparky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bluesparky This message was authored by: Bluesparky

Thanks for replying, I have checked my shield it's set at 18 adults level, don't know about the ip address, but as I haven't changed anything and it has worked ok for 2 years plus, I thought it has to be something Sky has done?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BluesparkyIt might be worth a try to leave your broadband off for around 20 minutes to gain a new public IP address to see if that makes a difference and thus enable you to access those sites.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Bluesparky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bluesparky This message was authored by: Bluesparky Answer

Thanks I had the same idea 'good old turn off the power to reset' and so far so good! 👍😎 thank you for taking the time to help me! Much Appreciated 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion