Discussion topic: Solid orange voice on router, no wifi

This message was authored by Simon+JBech This message was authored by: Simon+JBech

Solid orange voice on router, no wifi

Hi, I've had this problem when I first got setup with Sky (6 months ago), where the voice light would go Amber and then all Internet access (WiFi and ethernet) would stop. After a few days, it resolved itself so put it down to stability on a new connection. 

Fast forward to today and the last two days the voice light on the router goes solid orange and same issue, no Internet access via ethernet or WiFi. If I reset the router it seems to resolve itself until it goes off again. Any ideas or is this a faulty router? Thanks

I'm on a Sky Broadband Ultrafast Plus, and FTTP. Landline is included but I don't use it and don't even have cables plugged in for it if it makes a difference.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Solid orange voice on router, no wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon+JBechAre the lights changing at all on the ONT when you see the amber lights on the Internet and voice or does the internet light go red are nothing at all?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Simon+JBech
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon+JBech This message was authored by: Simon+JBech

Only the voice light is a solid Amber light. All the other lights are solid green

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Simon+JBechThis does seem to be a regular happening as you can see from the thread in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Voice-light-goes-amber-frequently/td-p/3760012 

Best thing to do is when it is not this way to give Sky a call see if they can help shed any light on if there is still ongoing issues with VOIP calls.

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

This is a pervasive and intermittent issue for many of us. Sometimes the fault will resolve in 20 mins or so, other times a reboot is required.Despite the many complaints on this community Sky help desk agents seem unaware of the issue and will talk you through the usual script. Super users on here have stated the fault is on Skys server infrastructure. 

I have asked before but couldn't one of the Sky employees who read this community escalate this issue  and provide some information on the issue and their plans to resolve ?

simply ignoring the problem is not good customer service. 

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

I've been having the same issue and I think sky need to look into these issues. We are paying money and not getting a full proper service. I have to reboot either router or ont for it to work. I have called sky and they don't see, to be aware of it and say I need a new router. 

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini
This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

I experienced an orange voice light disconnect at 02:17 this morning , I am wondering if any others who suffer from this intermittent issue experience a disconnect at the same time ? ( check 'recent activity logs' in Support section of hub settings) .

I am thinking if this is a Sky infrastructure problem, many users may be affected at same time). It would be good to check this out.

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub

@Kenny+Rankin  Did your firmware on your router do an update. Did see that new firmware isbeing deployed.

Hi Highlinder, I dont think the firmware updated ( no router reboot, just the sporadic voice disconnect which wiped out internet connectivity, it reconnected after 10 mins according to the logs - I was asleep!) 

my firmware is 7.02.0551.R , is that the latest ?

@Kenny+Rankin  This is the firmware seen others getting the update to this firmware 7.02.0501.RM.

I had the issue again the other evening.  Checking the logs now  but unsure how to actaully see if it went off, if it did (says link down then full duplex) at 2:45 this mornign and back up at 3:01 (says WAP IPv6 UP) and then off again this morning at 7:45 and back up again at 08:01. 

If someone can tell me what to look out for on the log, that would be awesome 🙂

Edit: My firmware is 7.02.0501.R

This is what the log says during an orange voice light....

6 syslog: No lease renewal received
Time stamp  syslog: Voice Disconnected
Time stamp syslog: Voice Connected

This message was authored by lynhardy This message was authored by: lynhardy

i have the same problem with orange light on voice, sky are rubbish at customer service ,none of there help pages cover this all you can do is run round in circles and never get to the piont where it says do you need help from a technition ? it tskes me about 45 mins to re boot all my sky products . if any body has a number ican contact to speak to someone that would be great.

happened again

IMG_0163.jpeg

My connection has been stable for two weeks, no issue in last nights log so the problem is not impacting everyone at same time. It may be certain servers. 
It would be good if Sky would acknowledge this problem impacting many in their customer base and investigate it 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion