Discussion topic: Slow superfast broadband

This message was authored by SKYcustomer7 This message was authored by: SKYcustomer7

Slow superfast broadband

I have sky broadband superfast and my connection is only 8 mbps download and 0.6 mbps upload but it should be around 59 mbps download and 16 mbps upload. Im not using the internet anywhere other than for the speed test so there arent any downloads in the background. I have tried all troubleshooting steps but they dont work and running a connection test from sky says that its all good but its only 9.9 mbps there. Below are my router statistics. I cant get any help from sky because I can only talk to a robot. Im not a new customer and this isnt a new package.

SKYcustomer7_2-1657034843218.png

SKYcustomer7_0-1657034559644.png

SKYcustomer7_1-1657034813077.png

SKYcustomer7_3-1657034983384.png

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Slow superfast broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKYcustomer7 

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

When you ring if asked about mobile say no

When asked do you want to receive an sms and hang up to follow the link say no. When asked about the issue say broadband fault. But be persistant

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@SKYcustomer7 

It is clear from your line attenuation up and down you should be on 75-80Mbps. You have a raised noise margin up and down which indicate a line fault

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@SKYcustomer7 

Call sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

When you ring if asked about mobile say no

When asked do you want to receive an sms and hang up to follow the link say no. When asked about the issue say broadband fault. But be persistant

SKYcustomer7
Topic Author
This message was authored by SKYcustomer7 This message was authored by: SKYcustomer7

Thank you, I called the number you gave few days ago and its fixed now

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@SKYcustomer7 

Would you be able to describe what fixed your issue, did an engineer attend and how long did it take to fix the line fault?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion