Discussion topic: Slow emails and stopping during live programmes

This message was authored by PinkiePoohs This message was authored by: PinkiePoohs

Slow emails and stopping during live programmes

The layout and appearance of the BT mail has changed. Since the introduction of this, the messages take longer to load and the emails suddenly stop performing correctly.

Also, when watching live programmes on my laptop, they suddenly stop working. To get over this, the programmes have to be shut down, my laptop is logged out and I have to log back in.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Slow emails and stopping during live programmes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PinkiePoohs you have posted in the Sky Broadband forum but the appearence of your BT email client is nothing to do with your Sky Broadband connection so you should take this up with BT.

To stream video you need both a reasonably fast wifi connection but also one free from interference. Standard advice is to make sure your hub is out in the open and not on the floor or under other kit and your laptop is not too far away. it is worth restarting the hub as that will make it find the best wifi channel to use but often while thst might improve things for a few days the problem may return especially if you live in a flat with lots of neighbours within range.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion