Discussion topic: Slow and intermittent brooadband since a new company has tried to sell their broadband in my area?

This message was authored by brownbob This message was authored by: brownbob

Slow and intermittent brooadband since a new company has tried to sell their broadband in my area?

Theres a new company in my area being laying new cables for broadband which is supposed to be a lot faster than anything on the market. We have had knocks on the door and phone calls trying to sell it to us. Since then my broadband has began to drop out and be slow. Do you think it will have something to do with this? We are in the Durham area. The virtual assistant does not recognise this problem and just goes through the basics. Anyone?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Slow and intermittent brooadband since a new company has tried to sell their broadband in my are

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@brownbob wrote:

Do you think it will have something to do with this? 

No, probably not: an alt-net provider won't be using Openreach infrastructure, and there should be nothing they can do to affect your Sky broadband speed.

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
brownbob
Topic Author

Re: Slow and intermittent brooadband since a new company has tried to sell their broadband in my are

http://192.168.0.1/sky_system.html.                  Have a look at these please. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@brownbob you will need to do a screen grab of thst page and post that as its an internal address nobody outside your network can see

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
brownbob
Topic Author

334B815D-42C9-4291-9951-8A273D384487.png

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@brownbob 

I'd say there's a substantial line fault, and as you're almost certainly well below your guaranteed minimum download speed, you should log this with Sky for an Openreach investigation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@brownbob the stats show your connection is a tad under 160Mb/s which is the max you can get and has been running for overc3 days withoutvdropping.

I note all of your devices are connected via wifi so any slownes and issues are likely due to wifi interference or similar issues. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
brownbob
Topic Author

I'm not sure what to believe? This was posted as well. Which is correct?

0FB9AED4-A8ED-4317-A6AC-807840B306DF.png

brownbob
Topic Author

Sorry. Put the wrong pic on. It was this post. 

D6074F16-752F-481F-9D62-882B7BAD3FE9.png

brownbob
Topic Author

So. Is my broadband good or bad? I have had 2 very different answers. So I can resolve my problem please. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@brownbob 

Looks like you are on G.Fast? The connection looks good with no drops reported. I suspect @TimmyBGood was looking at your noise margin and suspected a fault but its artificially raised as you are at the max of 150mbps for your package.

I would recommend you give your router a reboot though as its been up for almost 1000hrs!

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion