Discussion topic: Slow WiFi speeds even though the Sky App is telling me there's no issues?

This message was authored by Allison_86 This message was authored by: Allison_86

Slow WiFi speeds even though the Sky App is telling me there's no issues?

Paying £48 per month for Broadband that was sold to me as super fast fibre, but the speeds have been terrible. According to the app everything is fine and speeds are fast but I'm not actually getting what they're claiming. Download speeds super intermittent, going from literally 4 to 49 and nowhere near my guaranteed speeds for the price I'm paying. I have kids who game and they're having constant issues with lag and super high ping. Definitely not getting what was sold to me. I called Sky, and I was told from their end everything is fine and I'm getting the guaranteed speeds to my router, but the output I'm getting on my end can get way low. Any advice?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Slow WiFi speeds even though the Sky App is telling me there's no issues?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Allison_86 Please post your router stats
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717/jump... 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion