Discussion topic: Slow Broadband

This message was authored by Beltalen This message was authored by: Beltalen

Slow Broadband

I have changed from one absolutely useless internet provider (Post Office), only to find the one i switched to (Sky) is equally bad, to be honest far worse.

At least the Post Office was generally on/providing a service, slow but on., Now contrary to skys claims, it's very,very slow, Sky's own speed test says so, to the point it's hardly worth using, a technician came, and came to a staggering conclusion, that my equipment was too old, unfortunately for him it is less than a year old, i'm guessing he's getting a lot bad comments from many, many more disgruntled customers than just me.

I am now changing provider as to avoid anymore damaged equipment due to partially?dowloaded system updates, bad files etc.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Slow Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Beltalen 

Switching between Openreach-based ISPs while keeping the same broadband connectivity type can achieve almost nothing because the data bearing circuit to the address remains the same.  It's moving technology (particularly ADSL to FTTC or FTTC to FTTP) which changes things.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion