Discussion topic: Sky hub not arrived but broadband now live

This message was authored by audigex This message was authored by: audigex

Re: Sky hub not arrived but broadband now live

Yeah PlusNet seems to be BT's "budget" brand, similar to how Three has Smarty, O2 has GiffGaff etc

I did have some issues with Plusnet customer service at one point (and I feel like the first line support is roughly the same at both), but they did a MUCH better job than Sky did yesterday of recovering and attempting to fix the problem once it was escalated. Franky with Sky it felt like I had to solve my own problem then ask for compensation, which was less than Plusnet offered

I've been with Sky for 2 hours or 36 hours depending on your perspective, and have been thoroughly disappointed to the point that I'm debating moving away in my cooling off period. The only reason I might not is because I really don't want another day of disruption changing my provider again when I've basically been unable to work for nearly 2 days

Andy146
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy146 This message was authored by: Andy146

Nice one. Fingers crossed for mine arriving tomorrow. 

Andy146
Topic Author

1 month free. I'm potentially 3 days without and have been told I'll be refunded the difference just, as in the days without broadband.

This message was authored by audigex This message was authored by: audigex

I'd definitely push for more, I suspect I could potentially have asked for more but 1 month free (which covered the £20 I paid for a 4G tariff to cover my usage plus about £15 for the hassle) didn't seem too unreasonable for 2 days without my service

If it had gone on longer than today I may have pushed for more as 2 days is manageable but beyond that starts to become more of a nuisance

This message was authored by T1980s This message was authored by: T1980s

Having the same issue

Does anyone know who we can call to sort this? I'm going insane 

Andy146
Topic Author

So hub arrived today. Back online.  2 days in the dark. 1st world problems but still not very good from a big company like Sky for a new customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion