Discussion topic: Sky hub ER110 connection issues

This message was authored by Mad+Hatter260 This message was authored by: Mad+Hatter260

Sky hub ER110 connection issues

I have been a Sky customer for a number of years and most recently I have signed up to Sky Glass which is powered by an ER110 hub. This hub hasn't been updated for about 5-years. Recently the WiFi has been dropping out more and more. Programmes will not load as there is no Internet connection, programmes will freeze and restart or I get the message "waiting for your programme to load". To remedy the issue we have to switch it off and on again to reset it.  It is worse in the evening and incredibly frustrating given the amount of money Sky take off me each month. I have posted my hub stats below. They mean absolutely nothing to me but I'm hoping some clever sole on here will be able to tell me if there is an issue with the hub. 

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 52:01:35

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 18197880 31996640 0 1180687 32118425 37:30:38 LAN Up 1231540 993792 72300 10414 45587 52:01:35 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 11769793 3900781 0 253518 19983 51:59:06 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 37102674 19232723 0 32292266 716078 51:59:07

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 34365 13812 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:14.3    DS2:31.8    DS3:47.1 US0:8.6    US1:27.4    US2:40.3 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:8.6    DS2:8.6    DS3:8.6 US0:6.7    US1:6.6    US2:6.6
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 

All Replies

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Re: Sky hub ER110 connection issues

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mad+Hatter260 

Well for starters it looks like you have a minor line fault as your line's noise margin is raised above the normal 6dB. Are you currently above your speed guarantee from Sky? You can check this in the my Sky app. 

It may also be that your router is on its way out so might be worth contacting Sky to see if they can provide a new router as well as an engineer to look at the line. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Mad+Hatter260. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂   

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Mad+Hatter260
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mad+Hatter260 This message was authored by: Mad+Hatter260

Good evening, Please advise how I re-escalate to the chat team?

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mad+Hatter260 

I've re-escalated your post via the community chat.

This link shows how it works.

Keep an eye out for an invite/ blue chat bubble. When the bubble appears you'll have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Note: Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts
"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to a private chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We booked an engineer to resolve this issue. Hence, we consider this resolved on our end. Please contact us if you need help with anything else. Thank you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion