Discussion topic: Sky cancelled my order after 5 months of waiting for openreach. Somebody was meant to contact me

This message was authored by SamJam25 This message was authored by: SamJam25

Sky cancelled my order after 5 months of waiting for openreach. Somebody was meant to contact me

Someone was supposed to contact me yesterday to "reinstate" my order. 
.................still waiting for the phone call.

what is the issue? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky cancelled my order after 5 months of waiting for openreach. Somebody was meant to contact me

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SamJam25 Sky cannot link a forum post to an account so nobody can answer that question but you are not the first to have been left in lmbo by openreach my own upgrade took nearly 4 months. Reasons in the past include blocked ducts requirung a road to be dug up to clear them requiring permits, availability of the team etc. issues with trees preventing rigging an overhead connection perhaps requiring special access kit etc etc.

If you enter your full address into the folowing checker and postvthe results including the notes under the table after obscuring your address detail somebody can explain what is the likely problem https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
SamJam25
Topic Author
This message was authored by SamJam25 This message was authored by: SamJam25

Re: Sky cancelled my order after 5 months of waiting for openreach. Somebody was meant to contact me

Openreach have finally been and sorted the line. It wasn't sky's fault why it took so long. It did involve road closures etc that is now sorted. However, a week after it was sorted. They cancelled my account. After charging me twice (then refunding it after 2 complaints) for a service I haven't been connected to. 
why should I ring sky AGAIN when they promised and I mean promised THEY would call me yesterday?? 
Frustrating is not the word! 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SamJam25 wrote:

why should I ring sky AGAIN

Because they probably owe you several hundred pounds?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion