Discussion topic: Sky broadband

This message was authored by Coley274 This message was authored by: Coley274

Sky broadband

Tried to order sky package and broadband. After talking seperately with 4 different sky representatives they all have said they can't complete the order as Openread scheduling of an engineer program is down. The last guy i spoke to said it may be to do with fibre not in my area or if it is openreach havent updated that postcode..... any advise?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Coley274 depending in when you asked it could have just been a glitch over the weekend which will get fixed. However it is worth entering your full address into this checker Openreach Checker

That gives you the details Openreach hold on services to your address. If you want help understanding what it means post the result including the first 3 lines of the notes after obscuring the reference to your address.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Coley274
Topic Author

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressFeatureProduct 

can you see from this? I can't seem to locate how you upload a photo (screenshot of my reading)

thankyou very much!

@Chrisee 

@Coley274 we need a picture of your results. In the area you type your post there should be a camera icon if it doesn't appear on your device click the .... icon. Ckick the camera a choose the screenshot and atttach it to your post.

Note you must use the full address version of the checker  I linked to as Sky phone numbers dont work on that page.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Coley274
Topic Author

1D226B9A-EE8F-49FB-B74D-C7A88E3E4200.png

@Chrisee Can you see this now?😊

@Coley274 yes and I have approved the image. It does look like a glitch with the ordering system because as the notes say there are no antcipated issues I would leave it for 24 hours and call again as hopefully Openreaxh will have given their system a good kicking by then. 

Coley274
Topic Author

@Chrisee Thankyou. So does this mean there is fibre down and i can get skys 100mb broadband?

Sky said on friday they were raising it with openreach so lets see what they come back with.

@Coley274 The checker says Openreach will accept orders up to 1,000Mb/s so assuming Sky can get their dnd of tgecsystem workingbghecanswer is yes. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion