Discussion topic: Sky Wireless Booster

This message was authored by moleyhtfc This message was authored by: moleyhtfc

Sky Wireless Booster

We're cancelling Sky Q and sending the Mini boxes back, which means we're back to square one with wifi blackspots in the house.

I found an old Sky Wireless Booster we had a few years back (SB601) and tried to get it to connect up with our Sky Hub (SR203). Are the two even compatiable? Because I've tried every combination of reset, WPS, reset, ethernet, reset imaginable and got absolutely nowhere.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Sky Wireless Booster

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@moleyhtfc wrote:

We're cancelling Sky Q and sending the Mini boxes back, which means we're back to square one with wifi blackspots in the house.

I found an old Sky Wireless Booster we had a few years back (SB601) and tried to get it to connect up with our Sky Hub (SR203). Are the two even compatiable? Because I've tried every combination of reset, WPS, reset, ethernet, reset imaginable and got absolutely nowhere.

@moleyhtfc afraid they are not compatible there is a specific Sky broadband hub booster that is needed for the SR203 which Sky will supply if you have the Sky boost package

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@moleyhtfc wrote:

@moleyhtfc afraid they are not compatible there is a specific Sky broadband hub booster that is needed for the SR203 which Sky will supply if you have the Sky boost package

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
moleyhtfc
Topic Author
This message was authored by moleyhtfc This message was authored by: moleyhtfc

Thanks for letting me know. I did think it was a bit of a long shot!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion