Discussion topic: Sky Router Compatibility

This message was authored by Andifer This message was authored by: Andifer

Sky Router Compatibility

I'm on Sky Broadband Superfast, (that's exactly how it's listed on my bill).

I've had disconnection issues for years. I got in touch again as they have new router models now, and was now offered the Sky WiFi Max Hub for free.

Nothing had arrived. So I chased up and I'm now being told I can't have one as it's not compatible with my broadband speed.

I can't see, or find any explanation as to why, this would be the case. I feel I'm now being lied to as they don't want to give me one of these.

Can anyone confirm a reason for their position before I go off the deep end? 😄

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Sky Router Compatibility

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andifer 

The max hub is a vdsl fttc and fttp hub so it won't work on g.fast 150Mbps connections and presumably adsl copper all the way to the exchange.

Also not compatible for sky q tv subscribers who have one or more mini boxes

The link to the hub stats would be useful to rule in/out the broadband connection

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Andifer 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Andifer
Topic Author

My old router? It's an old Sky Q hub. I don't know more details than that at the moment as I'm not with it.

But they claim a brand new router won't be compatible with my broadband package coming into my house.

i don't see how an incoming sky broadband signal can be incompatible with their router.

thanks for replying quickly by the way. 🙂

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Andifer 

The max hub is a vdsl fttc and fttp hub so it won't work on g.fast 150Mbps connections and presumably adsl copper all the way to the exchange.

Also not compatible for sky q tv subscribers who have one or more mini boxes

The link to the hub stats would be useful to rule in/out the broadband connection

Andifer
Topic Author

Okay, thank you. That gives me some understanding of the potential issues.

I'm not completely useless with this stuff, but I'm certainly not savvy with it all!

I'll look into my connection.

Thanks again, you were very helpful. 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion