Discussion topic: Sky Q router

This message was authored by Emma+forever+21 This message was authored by: Emma+forever+21

Sky Q router

I've purchased a Hive hub thermostat, the hub will not connect to my broadband using the any of Ethernet ports 

apparently this can be a common problem with sky q routers. Hive has advised me it's likely to be an issue with the broadband shield. I've disabled this at my end but still no joy! 

has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you solve it? 

can't get to speak to a human from sky 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Q router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emma+forever+21 by persevering the Hive hubs are irritating bits of kit and Hive support is totally useless in my experience. There is no reason why the Hive unit wont connect but I had lots of issues when i first got mine with a BT hub but I left it flashing over night and it had connected in the morning. My Hive unit seems happy on my current Sky hub but only if connected to one of the ports on the hub itself as it errors if connected to an ethernet switch.

The Hive hub does use a wireless protocol to communicate with the various Hive units which can interfere with the Sky hub's wifi so make sure there is a little distance between the two units 6 inches seems enough.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion