Discussion topic: Sky/Openreach FTTP Engineer appointment problem

This message was authored by LewisBJ This message was authored by: LewisBJ

Sky/Openreach FTTP Engineer appointment problem

Hello, new to the forum and looking for advice for an issue I've been having for the last three or four weeks after placing my order for FTTP. 

Openreach were supposed to install last Wednesday, but the engineer didn't turn up. No message or call to confirm a new date or even to let me know they weren't coming for the first. I spent an hour on the phone on Wednesday trying to find out what was going on and eventually a Sky agent said they'd call me back the next day as they had to wait for Openreach to provide another date. I didn't get a call back so I phoned Sky back on Friday, I was diverted four or five times until one of their agents said he'd double checked with Openreach and they are due Tuesday. In the MySky app I can see the new date but I now have another message saying I need to get in touch as there's a problem with my order.

Is there a direct number for the relevant department to confirm what the issue is now? I really don't want to get diverted around for another hour or two.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how they got it resolved?

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: Sky/Openreach FTTP Engineer appointment problem

@LewisBJ It is unfortunate but delays do happen with installs and there is no direct number for you to call to get any better response. As you say you can see the update on your account for the new date, and it can be frustrating. Sky are at the mercy of OR completing the fttp to your premises and it is not always a smooth process for every customer. If you are currently with sky and use landline call 150, the agent will advise what the current issue is.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky/Openreach FTTP Engineer appointment problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LewisBJ welcome to the confusion thst can be a full fibre install. Openreach schedule multiple jobs in each time slot so where a job over runs the later slots are lost and you go back into the queue. Happened to me twice and while the enginers are supposed to call the missed jobs thst did not happen. Sky have little control on this process beyond booking slots and there is no magic number you can call.

Sky's phone system should route you to the correct team when you call if you are using the number linked to your account. If you continue to have difflculty ask if your order can be escalated to the Order Recovery team who are the team who have the best chance of getting your job completed. The only positive thing is you will be compensated once the job is finished - my payment covered nearly 6 months subs - see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion