Discussion topic: Internet Browser speed

This message was authored by Happy_Go_Lucky This message was authored by: Happy_Go_Lucky

Internet Browser speed

I am new to Sky Broadband.  I have taken the 500mbs package.  Runnering speed test over WiFi and get excellent speed of 300 to 400mbs download.  However, using Safari on any of my Apple devises results in dial up levels of speed to open a website (30 to 60 seconds for the landing page of major retailers).

I have restarted devices and router, changed WiFi channels, turned off my VPN,  etc.  Any suggestions on what I can try or what might cause Safari so slow?

Best Answers
Happy_Go_Lucky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happy_Go_Lucky This message was authored by: Happy_Go_Lucky Answer

Re: Internet Browser speed

Fantastic.  Turned it off and there is a big improvement.

Thank you 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Happy_Go_Lucky Log into your account and check the status of the broadband shield. Adjust, turned mine off, May take upto 24hrs before effect. That would be the first place to start. Post back results...

Happy_Go_Lucky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happy_Go_Lucky This message was authored by: Happy_Go_Lucky

I have turned it off.  Will revert in 24 hrs

Thank you

Happy_Go_Lucky
Topic Author
This message was authored by Happy_Go_Lucky This message was authored by: Happy_Go_Lucky Answer

Fantastic.  Turned it off and there is a big improvement.

Thank you 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Happy_Go_Lucky Glad it worked for you and so quickly....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion