Discussion topic: Sky Max drops out, mobiles don’t work

This message was authored by Superbia44 This message was authored by: Superbia44

Sky Max drops out, mobiles don’t work

Can anyone explain why when during my Sky Max Full Fibre installation that as soon as the white hub was switched on, before even being connected to fibre and phones were NOT connected to hub that all mobiles connections dropped. Since installation mobiles do not work properly. Turn WiFi off on phone and still no mobile connection. Sky Q connection drops all the time. 
Additionally Sky Max hub last night had some phones working on WiFi and would not let others connect. Seems to randomly do what it wants. No issues with black hub. 

Best Answers
Superbia44
Topic Author
This message was authored by Superbia44 This message was authored by: Superbia44 Answer

Re: Sky Max drops out, mobiles don’t work

Ours has settled down now, weird first two days with white hub, some phones could connect some couldn't but all fine now. This hub takes a while to get going!! Never had this before with all the hubs I have had. Only thing I would say is range is not as good as before but just gets there for for all but one device. Might need booster for that. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Superbia44 the new hubs take up to 24 hours to optimise. Most phones underv5vyears old should link once you enter the pssseord sgainst the hubs SSID. If they dont tell the phone tomforget the connection reboot the phone and add the connection from scratch which usually works..

If you continue to have issues call Sky as your hub maybe faulty. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Superbia44
Topic Author
This message was authored by Superbia44 This message was authored by: Superbia44

Thanks for the reply. My issue is the Max Hub seems to be interfering with mobile signals. Switch WiFi off on mobile and even though it says 4/5G it doesn't work. Everything was fine until switching from black hub to white hub. I could only get satellite signal on the iPhone last two days until walk away from the house. 

This message was authored by Tilly1979uk This message was authored by: Tilly1979uk

Just installed mine today and the same thing is happening.  WiFi signal is weaker than the black hub and drops out all the time! 

This message was authored by JForward This message was authored by: JForward

This has been the issue for us since we upgradedThe black one worked absolutely fine and now the white one is awfulThe TV which is only a few meters away is constantly pixelated when streaming and we've had to get a booster installed upstairs and that's just as useless as the box Wish we never had to upgrade. 

Superbia44
Topic Author
This message was authored by Superbia44 This message was authored by: Superbia44 Answer

Ours has settled down now, weird first two days with white hub, some phones could connect some couldn't but all fine now. This hub takes a while to get going!! Never had this before with all the hubs I have had. Only thing I would say is range is not as good as before but just gets there for for all but one device. Might need booster for that. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion