Discussion topic: Sky Hub white light but broadband not connecting

This message was authored by Nicola40 This message was authored by: Nicola40

Sky Hub white light but broadband not connecting

Since the early hours of today we are unable to connect to the internet even though the Sky Hub has a white light. All devices have been reset and the online checker shows good service to the house. Please help urgently as all devices are unable to be used (TV and mobile devices). Thanks

Best Answers
Nicola40
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nicola40 This message was authored by: Nicola40 Answer

Re: Sky Hub white light but broadband not connecting

Looks like the network team at sky have resolved the issue as we are back online. I assume a DNS issue and they patched it. Hope everyone is now back up and running!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nicola40 Sky have recommended turning off the hub for an hour which should reset the connection. The issue is with a fault on Sky's servers which do get fixed but it takes a while.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Nicola40
Topic Author

Thank you - trying this now 

Nicola40
Topic Author

@Chrisee - Thank you for your advice but this hasn't work after an hour and a quarter.

I would really appreciate any other ideas as we have no TV (all wifi) and no ability to work from home tomorrow.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nicola

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nicola40 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

You are buying a domestic service and the fact you use it to work from home does not increase the priority if this is a line issue.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Nicola40 to chat.

Nicola40
Topic Author

Thank you @Mr+Flibbles+86  - no response on the chat since you sent this message. I've messaged several times so far 

This message was authored by Mark+Inch This message was authored by: Mark+Inch

You might as well stand on your head for an hour for all the difference switching off will do. As far as I can see the upgrade SKY carried out on their networks last week resulted in the White SKY Max hubs failing. They either need to roll out a firmware fix for the hub or roll back their upgrade. Until such times as this happens the hub is redundant. I've had no service for six days and all I get from SKY is 'we're working on it'. 

This message was authored by Darren+Beavis This message was authored by: Darren+Beavis

Im in exactly the same position and no one from Sky seems able to help.

This message was authored by kyekian This message was authored by: kyekian

Our Sky Max Hub is showing a white light but no WiFi. Speed checker shows good speed to hub. It's been lagging/losing connection really bad over past few weeks..

Nicola40
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nicola40 This message was authored by: Nicola40 Answer

Looks like the network team at sky have resolved the issue as we are back online. I assume a DNS issue and they patched it. Hope everyone is now back up and running!

This message was authored by Mark+Inch This message was authored by: Mark+Inch

Yes all back online!

This message was authored by PauliG1 This message was authored by: PauliG1

Sky team - we have exctaly the same issues as mentioned above.  A Sky engineer quite openly admitted to us on a phone call that this is an ongoing problem with the these latest routers.  Without internet use it is incrediably frustrating and infuriating that we are paying for this service yet no one at Sky has the answers and cannot provide a route that can be exchanged.  Please can Sky confirm how to remedy this, if not, then we will be canelling the service with Sky with immediate effect, and go back to our previous service provider.  Not good!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion