Discussion topic: Sky Hub none arrival

This message was authored by BedoInn This message was authored by: BedoInn

Sky Hub none arrival

My new Sky Broadband installation (Engineer visit) is planned for August 3rd 2022. Delivery of the Sky Hub was scheduled for today (August 1st), but it has not arrived. It was only sent by Sky on Friday (29th July) at 11am. What happens if the Sky Hub is not received, before August 3rd, when the installation is scheduled?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Sky Hub none arrival

Posted by a Sky employee

The engineer will be able to do the installation regardless, yes. The hub isn't going to hinder this. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

IF you still don't have the hub on the day of activation, once the services are fully up and running, we can replace the hub on next day delivery and provide loss of service credit for the time you have not been able to use the services. 

Thanks

BedoInn
Topic Author

Lisa,

My Sky Broadband installation is scheduled for August 3rd (Engineer visit scheduled), so if the Sky Hub has not arrived by then, will the Engineer still be able to complete the installation on August 3rd, or will the vist have to be rescheduled to a later date? Currently the flat is not occupied, and my sister has arranged to be there on August 3rd for the Engineer visit. Please advise?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

The engineer will be able to do the installation regardless, yes. The hub isn't going to hinder this. 

Thanks

BedoInn
Topic Author

Hi, well my Sky Hub was finally delivered later in the day today by Royal Mail. It was later than scheduled, so my sister had a wasted morning waiting for the delivery at the flat. At least now it has arrived, before the Engineer visit on August 3rd. Cheers

This message was authored by Jules.2022 This message was authored by: Jules.2022

I'm in the exact same position, installation date today.

According to the my sky app, delivery of the hub was due on 01.08.2022, Ive still to gety viewing cards as well.... I've no email for any delivery company about the hub.

I'm hoping because I have the hub from my old address they can link it in but from trying to change home with sky to today has been a disaster. 

Was only when I spoke to a very friendly gentleman on wednesday that I got sorted.

Hope u get sorted today 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jules.2022 Sky use Royal Mail whose tracking is basic at best. If the postman could not deliver the hub then they should have left a card saying where you can pick it up. Remember if you are moving the hub is sent to the address the service is being installed at not your current address

If you are having Sky satellite TV installed the engineer normally has spare viewing cards in his van. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Jules.2022 This message was authored by: Jules.2022

Hi @Chrisee 

I'm in Ireland so apparently a courtier service DPD are to deliver it but I've had no correspondence from them.

I'm in the new property since Saturday but no emails from them and no dockets left to say they were unable to deliver. Plus it was a bank holiday here on Monday 

I'm just reading previous comments and by the looks of it, the install can proceed but it's just one of those things

This message was authored by Alfie20031506 This message was authored by: Alfie20031506

Hi i was meant to recieve my sky hub on the 13th but i still havent recieved it how do i go around getting one???

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

BedoInn
Topic Author

@Mr+Flibbles+86 My issue was resolved, and the hub was delivered before the installation date. Thanks

This message was authored by Mme+D This message was authored by: Mme+D

Hello,

My father has recently switched to Sky. He received a text saying that all has switched over but he hasn't received the router. He is currently without broadband and landline and has been for several days.  My parents are waiting for urgent phone calls from the hospital. Can you please send them a hub as a matter of urgency?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mme+D  You will need to ask them to check track orders in my account to see the status of the delivery of the router.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Ryan163 This message was authored by: Ryan163

Hi. My sky broadband is meant to be going live tomorrow. However, I have not received an update on the order from sky to say it's on its way and my current provider is being cut off tomorrow. Not good customer service from sky

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion